Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Royal Stafford


Here is a pair of simple, yet beautiful tea cups that I wanted to share today for Tea Cup Tuesday.  I am joining  Martha's Favorites and Artful Affirmations...thank you for hosting!
I found this great green tea cup at a garage sale (like most of my tea cups!).  I liked the delicate leaf pattern against the simple green.
Then came the pink one.  I found this one at an estate sale.  The lady had a very extensive teacup and china collection, and it was difficult to choose which ones I wanted to take home.  I thought it would be perfect to have a matching pair, so I picked up the pink one.
A quick search on the web showed me that there are bright blue, light blue and yellow versions of this tea cup.  I also discovered there is a matching teapot.   For now, I’ll enjoy my set of two!  I read somewhere that these cups were produced in the late 1940’s.
Here are their back stamps:
~ Royal Stafford ~ Bone China ~ Made in England ~

7 comments:

  1. ahhh beautiful teacups! love the colours and the gold leaves! so shabby chic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely teacups. I hope you find at least one of every color as you travel along life's road and that they are a real good price so you can have a complete set.

    Hope you are having as real good day.

    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really really gorgeous! These are just the kind of tea cups I would chose out looking for some. The colors are so pretty together. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Royal Stafford tea cups are so pretty! I always love gold patterns. You were really lucky to find two of these.
    Thank you so much for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pink and green are my favourite colors,your cups are lovely
    I´m relly glad meeting you again
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tara: Hands down you have the most beautiful tea cup collection I have ever seen. I am so happy you joined us for Tea Cup Tuesday! Wow! Where have you been? I am blown away by the beauty of your cups. I sure hope you are part of next week's party. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have one for sale in green. Do you know of anyone that would be interested? Yvette yblasini@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete