Saturday, November 13, 2010

Royal Albert - Nell Gwynne Series - Drury Lane

I bought this beautiful cup from the granddaughter of a tea cup collector.  The original owner was downsizing, and unfortunatly needed to part with a number of her treasures.  The granddaughter said she kept a number of her grandma's cups, but could not keep them all.  This was the one at this sale that really caught my eye.


I love the happy print on this cup.  It makes me smile. 


As soon as I got home, I cleaned this cup up and sat down for a nice warm cup of tea.


The Nell Gwynne Series was produced between 1970 - 1980.  It is a Gainsborough shaped cup.  The other cups in the series are called:  Chelsea, Covent Garden, Lambeth, Mayfair and Richmond.  Each one features a different flower, and they are all quite pretty.


This cheerful cup could brighten up any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment